TRY IT: Find 10 new digital connections
Choose one or two of the sources we’ve discussed (link opens in a new window). Thinking of your publishing business or a recent book, find 10 new connections for a digital marketing campaign.
Hint: If you’re not sure how to get started, here are a couple of warm-up exercises you might want to try which will give you a quick feel for some ‘non-traditional’ book review activity.
#1 Blog search
- Go to the blog search engine Technorati.com.
- Try searching for relevant terms in their search box (set the search to ‘blogs’ not ‘posts’).
- Investigate suitable blogs to see if they accept ebooks for review.
#2 Identify influential Twitterers for a topic
- Go to the social search engine Topsy.com.
- Click on the Experts link above the search box.
- Key in a topic and Search. The results will show Twitterers associated with that subject, and a brief description of them, ranked by the number of times they are mentioned.
#3 Reading community
- Visit the reading community site Goodreads.
- Sign up for a free account if you’re not already a member and look around the site.
- Try Explore > People > Top Reviewers for the world or your country and find some relevant to your business or book.
- You might want to Follow some to see their latest reviews and responses.
(Visited 415 times, 1 visits today)