Analyze and compare book pages for the same title on two ebookseller sites, Amazon and a competitor.
1. Open a pair of links (right) in your web browser.
2. Analyze and compare each feature of the page:
- Which features are present?
- How effective are they?
3. Look for the following features as a starting point:
- Bestseller rankings
- Category links
- Sample downloads
- Reviews – user
- Reviews – editorial, other
- Book description
- Author description
- Other author information
- Recommendations (itemize methods or algorithms used, eg related by author or category, other shoppers, featured titles, browsing history, etc)
- Any other features?
4. How did the overall buyer experience compare?
5. Where can publisher/author input improve the page?
Links will open in a new browser window or tab.
Amazon and Kobo
Amazon and Nook
Amazon and Waterstones (UK)
(Visited 175 times, 1 visits today)